I love a good chewy oatmeal cookie and these soft ginger + molasses cookies do the trick.
Makes 30 cookies
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1/4 cup molasses
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsps baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cloves
1 tsp ginger
2 cups large oats
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line 2 baking trays.
- In a large bowl, mix together butter and sugar until smooth.
- Stir in egg and molasses.
- Add in flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves and ginger. Mix well.
- Stir in oats.
- Measure out Tablespoon sized balls of dough and place onto your lined baking tray. Make sure to space them at least 1-2 inches apart. I like to gently flatten the dough before baking, this is optional.
- Bake for 8 – 10 minutes or until they are golden. Remove, cool and enjoy with a cup of tea or coffee.
They taste fantastic dipped in a cup of coffee.