Fresh cranberries add the perfect tartness to any recipe. One of my favourite ways to enjoy cranberries is in a puff pastry shell alongside savoury ingredients. This cranberry, brie and pancetta tart is baked inside a homemade puff pastry shell until it’s crispy. I like to serve this delicacy with honeycomb for a sweet note!
Puff pastry recipe
1 egg white
1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
1/4 cup water
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 Tbsp of fresh thyme
1/4 cup of pancetta, diced into small cubes
1 wheel of brie cheese
Fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a saucepan, add the cranberries, water, brown sugar and thyme. On medium-high heat, bring to a boil for 2-3 minutes until cranberries dissolve Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In a frying pan, cook the pancetta until it’s brown and crispy.
- Roll out the puff pastry and fit it into a 14″ x 5″ tart pan, or shape into a rectangle with these dimensions. Make sure to create an edge around the periphery of the pastry to hold the filling in. Using a fork, prick small holes along the bottom of the puff pastry and then brush with egg white. Bake for 8 – 9 minutes until it starts to puff up.
- Once the pastry is ready, layer on the cranberry sauce evenly. Slice the brie and place on top of the cranberry sauce. Sprinkle the pancetta on top of the brie. Bake for an additional 15 minutes or until the pastry is golden.
- Serve in slices with a sprinkle of black pepper on top. Enjoy!