These are sure to be a hit with those of us who like lavender and chocolate. There is a subtle lavender flavor coated with smooth dark chocolate. Madeleines are the perfect size for gifting in boxes, sharing bite sized treats at gatherings and packing flavor into a single bite.
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 large eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp ground lavender (1.5 tsp if you love lavender)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup of melted 70% dark chocolate (I used Hummingbird Chocolate’s untempered baking chocolate https://hummingbirdchocolate.com/collections/cacao/products/untempered-baking-chocolate )
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt to set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla extract for 5 minutes.
- Fold in the dry ingredients. Fold in the butter. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F and place a rack in the middle. Grease and flour two madeleine pans.
- Remove the batter from the fridge and fill each mold 3/4 full. Bake for 8 – 10 minutes, until madeleines are lightly golden brown.
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces and melt in the microwave or using the double boiler method, in a heat proof bowl.
- Dip half of the madeleine into the chocolate and allow to cool. Option to sprinkle lavender petals over the chocolate as it is cooling.