Starting off the new year with a few healthier recipes. The first of which are these delicious whole wheat oatmeal cookies, loaded with pumpkin seeds and semi-sweet chocolate chips. I used the Camino semi-sweet chocolate chips https://camino.ca/products/cuisine-camino
2/3 cups of whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cups of large oats
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
6 Tbsp unsalted butter (1/4 cup + 1/8 cup)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add in the vanilla extract and egg and mix.
- In another bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and combine.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and the pumpkin seeds.
- Measure out Tablespoon sized balls of dough and place onto your prepared baking sheet. Leave 2 inches between the cookies.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes until cookies are golden brown around the sides.
- Remove and let them cool for 5 minutes.