I’ve wanted to partake in a longer juice cleanse for quite some time now. I’ve done a one day juice cleanse before but didn’t quite follow the rules. It’s harder than you think, especially if you snack a lot like me.
I picked up the 2-day juice cleanse from JOOS Up Your Life in Ottawa and started with the Level 1 – Newcomer cleanse https://joosupyourlife.ca/ The 2 day cleanse comes with 12 bottles (360 mL each) and a packet of chia seeds to soak in water.
I started out my day with a glass of water and the first juice of the day. I had an aerial silks class in the morning, so off I went to the studio. Upon my return home, I completed my second juice. So far, so good. I went about my day at home and had the rest of my juices. I felt my energy drop throughout the day and start to get a bit hungry. I had half of the chia seed pudding I made with the seeds (water only). An hour before bed time, I had a puffed rice cake. It seemed to satiate my hunger.
I definitely felt lethargic this morning and a lot more tired than usual. I also had a small headache. I had no plans to leave the house on day 2. As I consumed the juices and went on with my day, my headache continued to get worse. Eventually, I gave in and consumed the remainder of the chia seeds and had a hard boiled egg. The evening of the second day was the hardest. I was glad that the following day, I would be able to eat solid foods again.
- I found that the juices were fantastic and easy to consume.
- I found that the juice cleanse helped to shed 2 lbs in water weight, although that wasn’t the reason I wanted to do the cleanse.
- I cut out all caffeine for both days, so if you regularly consume caffeine, you should build up to the juice cleanse by cutting it out.
- I didn’t prepare too much in advance, but it is recommended to gradually eliminate certain foods leading up to the cleanse (like caffeine, refined sugars, alcohol, wheat products etc…).
- It’s expected for you to feel a bit dizzy or lightheaded due to the sugar content in the juice.
- I would recommend doing a juice cleanse alongside a vegan diet the first time. Cutting out carbs and protein all the sudden is rather tough.
For more information, this article is a good read: https://www.eatthis.com/juice-cleanse-effects/